Tech Michael
Tech Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years exp. repairing all types of home appliances, Computer repair
11519491

What microwave and over the stove hood to use with gh cfm?

Customer Question

What microwave and over the stove hood to use with high cfm?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello this samsung otr microwave acts as both the vent and hood for about 600.00 and it has the highest cfm rate out there at 430 CFM. SAMSUNG

I will also look for the hood microwave combo you asked for also just give me a few more minutes.

This is one of the more powerful and top rated hoods, XtremeAir PX10-U30 rated and 900cfm and has a great look, also for what you get it's priced better than some of the top name brands so you get much more.

Then with what you are saving on the hood you can still get a nice counter top microwave like this one, I love this thing it's great SAMSUNG

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). Rating me will not in any way cost you anymore than you have already paid.

We techs only get a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star

rating is chosen. This is the only way I am credited through the site for my time. This will

also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions. TIPS are not

expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the recommendations. The hood you recommended is 30 inches. Our space is 36". I see that online there is a 36" hood too. Is there one that you recommend? Also, we have another problem: the current installed microwave vents from the back wall of the microwave and not the top of the microwave. We would need a hood that will either have a extension piece or vents from the back side and not the top. We have 2 cabinets installed on top of the cabinet right now.

What is the recommended distance between the hood and the stove?

Currently our distance between the bottom of the microhood and the top of the stove is: 23.5"

Sure no problem let me look around and find you one that will fit your needs, also you are good on distance 19" is minimum

In the meantime please remember to rate me. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Here is a very nice 36" 900 CFM Venthood with rear venting. I found it on sale it's actually a steal right now for under 400.00 lots of features. VENTHOOD

As far as 36" otr microwaves go they don't make them anymore in that size, you have to use trim kits now on the 30" as seen here:

TRIM KITS

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this
issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

My husband said that we should stay away from Samsung and LG products as they are poor quality. I don't see any reviews on this hood. What quality would this hood be?

Also, to clarify we can't do a duct to the top of the hood as our microwave hood is currently venting to the back of the hood not the top. I see in the photos that it vents to the top. We can use it if we can get a extension vent piece. Top of the hood are cabinets mounted. The space between the cabinet bottom and the stove top probably would be about 38" if we remove the current installed microwave.

Expert:  Tech Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

I know a bit more about this.

Maybe a phone call would help as I suspect. I can help you one way or the other with this. SO I will send you an offer for a phone call, if you accept I will call at your convenience. I will make it for the least they will allow $5.

If you do accept, please include your phone # ***** best time to call;-)

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Email is the best mode of communication for me. I am either working or have the kids with me. We are looking for a over the stove hood that vents to the wall and not the ceiling as we have cabinets over the top. I will also attach a photo of our kitchen setup shortly. So, you can get a better picture. The distance between the bottom of the cabinet & the stove top is: 39"

Hi, I understand lol thanks for that info and the pic.

I have a question, do you simply need one tat will vent out the back of the micro?

Or one that vents out the side?

I couldn't tell for the pic.

Thanks

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Our microwave is broken and now we are thinking that maybe we buy a hood separate and microwave sitting on the countertop. Our stove is 36" wide. We are looking for a good quality, reliable high cfm hood. We would prefer to use kitchenaid, but might be a bit flexible with other brands.

Hi thats not a bad idea if you have counter space lol.

But most of the range hoods out there come ready fro top or rear vent ability.

Its simply a matter of removing gone screw in most cases and moving the metal plate to one position or the other. ALso they can vent into to room above the hood if you have no outside vent capability;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Our microhood is currently venting to the outside. We definitely need it to vent to the outside. But the vent is not going from the top of microwave to the but from the rear of the microwave. Please recommend what hood I can buy. We would prefer a 36" wide hood.

Hi there are so many,

Also I need to what will be above the vented hood?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The cabinets are staying there. We are only removing the microwave hood. Please refer to the photo

Also I need to know your price range?

Thanks

Tech Michael