Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have an electrolux side-by-side refrigerator. It is a

Customer Question

I have an electrolux side-by-side refrigerator. It is a single paddle system with digital selection. When I push on the paddle to get water I hear nothing. When I select ice, and push paddle, it works fine. Wondering if the fact that I hear nothing when pushing for water is a sign something isn't getting power vs. clogged or frozen line? Just lost job, so can't afford to have someone come out... if it's a cheap part, I'd rather order and try and do it myself ;) Look forward to thoughts.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i take it back -- I can hear a low hum in the back of fridge.
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

This is a common failure with all water dispensing refrigerators, a low faint humming sound and now water means the coil in the valve is bad an not letting water in, you can verify this by removing the valve from the line feeding the refrigerator and having someone push the water dispenser paddle, if its bad: no water, if its good: you might get a little mess.

The most common problem here is the valve is bad and needs replacing. If you would like me to find the part and part number for you please give me the full model number of the refrigerator.

****NOtice****

****You would be suprised at the people that get help and do not bother*******

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). Rating me will not in any way cost you anymore than you have already paid.

We techs only get a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star

rating is chosen. This is the only way I am credited through the site for my time. This will

also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions. TIPS are not

expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this
issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.

support!.