John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I'm looking to buy a "nice" used range. I was looking at the

Customer Question

I'm looking to buy a "nice" used range. I was looking at the GE JGS905SEK2SS...
I actually already bought a used Viking range, but cannot find the model number anywhere on/in the unit. It is all gas (according to the electrician) and I need to be able to hook it up to propane. The local appliance repair place say they can't help me without the model number. I'm at wit's end.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually really want to know if you can help me figure out how to order the correct parts to convert my Viking range from gas to propane... Or any suggestions how to do it... Thanks!
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I will be happy to answer your question. The model number on Viking ranges is normally under the rear left burner. Its either on the bottom or on the side. There is a large pan on some Vikings under all the burners that slides out the front. You will need to pull the pan forward to see the model number.