Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Ice bin won't go back in place ... The cog that turns the

Customer Question

Ice bin won't go back in place ... The cog that turns the auger seems to up to high as when I line everything up in wont go all of the down
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So if the ice bucket won't go back in place, it means that the cog isn't turned properly, the top of the teeth are hitting the receptacle. What I do is tape the door switch in. Try to set the ice bucket back in place, and then hit the ice dispenser paddle to rotate the auger extension arm. Then keep wiggling the bucket and push the button on the bucket in while the arm is turning until it sits down properly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tyler, the teeth on the the bottom of the auger is fitting it is just that the cog is to high and won't let the bin sit correctly. With door switch in I push for ice and the motor runs but the cog doesn't ... It seems to have come out of the motor
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

Sorry the last tech could not be of more help, here is the problem you face and probably the reason he did not want to get into the issue,

1. the auger shaft has come loose from the motor

2. the auger shaft has stripped where it attaches and is no longer turning

the only way to figure out the problem is to look underneath the ledge the ice bucket sits on and you will see 4 screws that hold the auger assembly to the refrigerator. Remove those and the two screws at the top, and remove the assembly. Once you get it out you can identify which is the problem.

Here is a diagram so you can have an idea of what I am talking about.

Here is a video showing you exactly what I describe doing

Here is the auger motor Part #:(###) ###-#### ***** part link in case you need to order it:

Auger Motor

****NOtice****

****You would be suprised at the people that get help and do not bother*******

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). Rating me will not in any way cost you anymore than you have already paid.

We techs only get a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star

rating is chosen. This is the only way I am credited through the site for my time. This will

also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions. TIPS are not

expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this
issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.

support!.