John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Re: Model (JES9900BAB) Jenn Air Stove top electric slide in.

Customer Question

Serial Number:###-##-####N
Purchased from Sears 11/24/2009
Problem: Oven temperature will not hold above 375 Degrees. It will get there and for a few minutes and then gradually reduce to around 350-375. This has been tested with several gauges. Jenn-Air trained service has been on site twice and has replaced both temperature sender unit and the entire computer module in the front panel with no change in symptoms. Parts where new and genuine Jenn-Air.
Any clue whats's next?
Problem likely existed from day one as the oven was rarely used until recently.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Does the unit heat to 450 and how long is it taking to heat to set temp?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, you have plenty of time ... and yes the unit does go to 450 degrees when set for that temperature and stops there. It takes about 15-30 minutes to go down to 400 degrees and ultimately after about another 1/2 hour goes to as low as 350.

Also, the door is well sealed

George V.

George let me see if any other experts have an idea this makes no sense.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK ... I'm running another test just to validate and make sure nothing has changed and I'm 1000% sure of my prior comments.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK ... The results of the repeated testing is the same, slow reduction to a lower temperature.

There is a setting on the front panel that says choose 208 or 240 volt service. I have tried both with no difference in symptoms. How do I know which service we have? The unit comes with a NEMA 10-50 3 prong plug but I guess either service can be on it?

The owner manual does not help ...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Repay posted on 13 November but to date no replay ...

See above.

George V.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK:

Did you get any of my other replays?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
See the dialog and still waiting for the I hope that was saved from the question ... am particularly interested in the electrical power issue. It is about 204 volts, a two phase input. Maybe an electrician expert may be helpful.