Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The keypad on my 8 year old Jenn Air oven just quit working

Customer Question

The keypad on my 8 year old Jenn Air oven just quit working for some of the functions - clockm, timer and cancel keys work, but none of the oven functions will.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So these Jenn Air ovens are fairly well known for this issue unfortunately and when half the buttons stop working but the other have still work, it means that your touch control panel has failed and will need to be replaced. Unfortunately the entire touch control panel will need to be ordered and replaced which is about $300 or so normally depending on the model number but you'll need the model number to know what part number to order. The model is usually located on the bottom frame of the oven on the right side on a sticker. If you remove the bottom panel below the door, then you can look back with a flashlight to locate it but it's very difficult to see usually.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, this is a bummer - I wonder if it would be better to just get a new double oven.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

That's up to you, but it would still definitely be much more expensive than $300 to exchange the entire oven rather than repair it.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?