Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Excessive wobbling during spin cycle

Customer Question

excessive wobbling during spin cycle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Try to run the unit through a spin cycle without any clothes inside---does it still wobble and go out of balance during spin?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Only when clothes are in the machine. As I said, I'm not doing anything different than I have for the past five years when it worked perfectly. Is there some kind is structural support inside that may have worn out?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

There are shocks below the tub and suspension springs above the drum. You'll need to Make sure the springs are attached above the drum and if that checks good, either one of the shocks has broken or they are just worn out and the shocks would need to be replaced below the drum.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?