Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

WE HAVE A gEN AIR BUILT IN OVEN WE SET AUTO CLEAN AFTER IT

Customer Question

WE HAVE A gEN AIR BUILT IN OVEN WE SET AUTO CLEAN AFTER IT WAS FINISHED THE FAN DID NOT STOP RUNNING THEN WE GOT A F2 CODE. WHAT DOES THAT TELL US AND HOW MUCH IS THE PART THAT IS NEEDED ALSO THE PART NUMBER
Bob
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

F2 means that the oven sensor has failed which commonly happens during self clean since the oven gets so hot during this process. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for oven sensor

Replacing the part is going to be difficult because you must manually open the door usually since the door is locked shut most of the time when this error occurs. It's not easy to manually unlock the door. You'll need to use a coat hanger and pull the latch assembly from RIGHT to LEFT by slipping it down between the door and the oven frame at the top. Force the latch over to the left and open the door, then you can remove the screws mounting the oven sensor inside the oven just below the ceiling and pull the wire connection through the front of the oven cavity so you can unplug it and install the new sensor. Now I do want to also add that you may need something stronger than a coat hanger to manually open the door. If you have an "L-shaped" tool like a cotter pin puller or allen wrench, that might give you the added strength to be able to pull on the latch and release it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?