Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a Creda wall oven 24". The broiler heats up but the

Customer Question

I have a Creda wall oven 24". The broiler heats up but the oven does not. I live in Norfolk, Virginia, USA
There are no identifying numbers inside or on the front.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

Is this a gas or electric unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Electric

ok can you look at the bake element in the oven and tell me if you see any cracks, burn marks, black marks, or breaks on the element?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see a fan and a coiled heating unit. When the broiler is on the coil heats up. The fan does not turn although air is coming in.

what about the bake element there should be two of those coils one for broil and one for bake

is that a double oven or a single?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Single
24 inches wide.
There were originally 2 but I only installed 1. The controls are for both an oven and a broiler.
I do not see a coil for the oven. Would it be behind the metal plate beneath the broiler coil?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought cabinets and appliances from a house to be demolished.
Should I try to repair it?

well it could be that the bake and broil run off the same element the other element if it had two would be very noticeable just like the one you see now so if it only has one, and it works on broil then there is something wrong with the switch for bake.

I would be much more help If you could locate the model number, I dont know if you have a computer board that controls the back and broil or if its just knob selectors.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is just knobs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot see the numbers. Would I have to remove it from the wall?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where would the bad switch be located?

Then I would say the bake selector switch is bad, and that prob would not be too much to fix, but I have no way of looking up parts for you without a model number. But that will most likely be the problem. You can prob take the switch off and go to a appliance parts store locally and see if they can match one up for you, but without a model number that is about as much help as I can be.... the model should be located on the frame of the oven door somewhere, but you say it came it two sections it might be that the first section had all the model info on it.

Its the switch you turn bake on with.

so you have a switch that lets you select bake/broil or is it just one knob for both?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the bake coil is fully exposed, what prevents the burning of the contents?

on most electric ovens you have a broiler element at the very top of the unit and the bake element is on the bottom of the unit under all the racks , there is no flame to burn anything with, if you have flames then you have a gas oven.

which is totally different

I have to be honest, I am going to need a model number of this to be of any help at this point I don't know if you have a gas operated oven or an electric oven.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Electric.
The bottom has a metal panel but underneath is empty.

ok so the element you see is round in shape and by the fan?

and it works on broil but not on bake correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fan is alone in rear. Does not spin.
Heating coil is in top.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Element is snake configuration. Left and right.

ok so is bake and broil on the same switch, or do you have to select bake/ broil on a seperate switch and then choose a temp on another switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bake is a separate switch from broil. Temp is not chosen separately. So, there are 2 knobs

ok the bake switch is bad it needs to be replaced

to be any more help than that I will need a model number to pull up your specific unit to find the parts.

lease take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). Rating me will not in any way cost you anymore than you have already paid.

We techs only get a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star

rating is chosen. This is the only way I am credited through the site for my time. This will

also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions. TIPS are not

expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exactly where would the heat for baking be emanating

from the same one the broil does

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If so, how would the oven contents not burn?
I assume this is the first wall oven produced.
Does Creda exist?
Can their customer relations be contacted?
Is an OWNERS MANUAL be downloaded?

yes creda is a brand and its seems now they are part of hotpoint looks like the ovens were originally produced in the uk

CREDA

is there any brackets or any holes in the back of the oven at the bottom where maybe there was once another element?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just found an owners manual for all of their ovens. I will look for mine and get the model number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No places where units once had more.

and you are asking about how the oven contents would not burn, the electric elements produce heat by the amount of voltage being sent through them, hence the more voltage the hotter the element gets so that would make sense to have to have two switches one supplies more voltage for broil than the one for bake does.

but at any rate there are thermostats that cut the element off at whatever temp is called for

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get back to you

that is why there are two separate thermostats one for bake and one for broil

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this
issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.