Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Frigidaire upright freezer Model GLFH21F8HBD

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire upright freezer Model GLFH21F8HBD purchased sometime in late 2007, early 2008. I replaced the inside light bulb a few weeks ago and later noticed the door display had a high temp. I checked inside and things were beginning to thaw. I'm not sure how but it began working again. I check it daily and found that at times when I open the door the inside light blinks on & off and at each blink there is a clicking sound like power is being turned off & on. Today I opened the door and all is fine, so it's an intermittent problem. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

That clicking noise is the key to your problems and you'll see it's coming from the compressor near the back of the refrigerator, or it's coming from the display board. If the lights are just dimming out and not cutting out completely, that is a bad compressor which is overloading sometimes. If the lights go completely out, that is a bad display control board---both issues can be intermittent and you'd need to replace the compressor or the display board to fix the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.