Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Frigidaire coin-op front load washer model

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire coin-op front load washer model #FCCW3000FSO. The machine will no longer start and the locked door light is not on. I replaced the door lock assembly and the door locked light flashed just for one moment after I inserted coins and pushed the Push-t-Start switch, but no more until I reversed the power leads on the door lock assembly, but again just for one quick moment in spite of multiple attempts.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the door lock has been replaced, the issue likely lies with the magnet in the dispenser that allows the control to start. The magnet is shown as number 8 in the diagram at the link below. Can you see if that magnet is in place?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cannot see a magnet or an empty place for one (#8). The schematic is hard to read in terms of exactly where that should be located. Is there a slot or something for it under the detergent tray?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

As you face the machine, it is mounted on the right side of the tray, so it actuated the reed switch when the tray is closed.