Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My microwave shows 5E, which I understand means it needs a

Customer Question

My microwave shows 5E , which I understand means it needs a new filter. I ordered one and installed it but it still registers 5E.
What's wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Error 5E means that your touch control panel has shorted out and needs to be replaced. Try to unplug the microwave for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If not then you'd need to replace the touchpad I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.