Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a older free standing range-- Thermador model RDF

Customer Question

I have a older free standing range-- Thermador model RDF S30QB Serial No 95080040
The appliance light is burned out. I am trying to remove the dome cover in the back
of the oven but the cover won't come off. I can only turn it a quarter of an inch either way.
What should I do???? Rose Gerlach
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The cover does just unscrew by twisting it counter clockwise, but unfortunately the glass will sometimes get stuck in place due to the high temperatures in the oven and the metal screw in base expanding and contracting. The best way I've found to unscrew the glass cover is to put something rubber between my channel locks and the glass and then grab the glass with the channel locks and turn counter-clockwise. Sometimes it's hard to get a good angle, but this has never failed me.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.