John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Burner only makes small flame. Won't get roaring like it is

Customer Question

Weed burner only makes small flame. Won't get roaring like it is supposed to.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in repsonses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Have you checked the orifice it is probably clogged up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I switched bottles and torches with same result. The burners I am using have the bulb on the end of the torch which means that it will handle liquid propane as well as gas. I tried turning the bottle upside down to allow liquid to reach the bulb but no improvement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could try jetting air in the torch end with the adjustment knob open to see if that helps. I have an air gun and compressor.

Yes I would give that a try this is a pretty simple system so I would say it is plugged up.