Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My ice maker doesn't work. so I tested teh watrr line and

Customer Question

My ice maker doesn't work. so I tested teh watrr line and the water pump and they work. I bought a new ice maker and it is not working.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in repsonses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Is the light switch working on the unit, the light switch on most Amana units powers the icemaker so it could be bad and not powering the unit up.