John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I can't get my ice maker to work. The temp is 7 f the water

Customer Question

I can't get my ice maker to work. The temp is 7 f the water line works the tray motor works so what else could it be
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in repsonses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

7 degrees is pretty warm for the freezer it should be around 0. There may be an issue with the icemaker as well, but it may not be freezing the cubes in the mold solid due to the higher temps. Can you see if the cubes are frozen all the way in the mold, they should be cloudy.