Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

In 2001, when our home was built, we installed a Electronic

Customer Question

In 2001, when our home was built, we installed a
Electronic Touch Control Cooktop (JP938, or JP968). It is the one with touch controls (no knobs).
It is still performing correctly, but the largest element (the one of the bottom right hand of controls) emits an F 156 number when it is turned on.
The manual says "disconnect the power to the cooktop and then reconnect." Problem, the cooktop is in an island, enclosed by cabinets.
Do I disconnect by pulling the power breaker, or what.
Please let me know.
As I said, the cooktop works great, have taken good care of it....and Christmas is approaching....where all things in the kitchen are going full speed.
Thanks fo your service,
John/Cal Volkert *****
Spanish Fork, Ut 84660 (###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

Yes what the manual is referring to is tripping the breaker/fuse that supplies power to the unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

If resetting the unit does not fix the error code that means the burner control for that burner is bad so let me know if resetting it works or not. In the meantime:

please take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). Rating me will not in any way cost you anymore than you have already paid.

We techs only get a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star

rating is chosen. This is the only way I am credited through the site for my time. This will

also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions. TIPS are not

expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You.

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.