Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a DGUS2645LF2 FRIGIDAIRE Side-by-Side Refrigerator

Customer Question

I have a DGUS2645LF2 FRIGIDAIRE Side-by-Side Refrigerator the other night it started making a loud noise that sounded like a fan hitting something. I found that the ice maker fill tube was froze over and every thing in that back area was froze. I unplugged the fridge and took a hair dryer and thawed it out. the noise stopped but now it doesn't seem to be cooling as it should and the freezer light bulb is out and I have a Op code on the display.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So the error OP means that the freezer temperature sensor inside the freezer has failed. This could have been from water getting on it when you were defrosting it, or possibly the heat from the hair dryer. Either way the freezer temperature thermistor will need to be replaced if you find it's securely plugged in. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for freezer thermistor sensor

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.