Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

We are trying to replace part number wh38x21094 on washer

Customer Question

We are trying to replace part number wh38x21094 on washer mod# ***** Is there a special tool that is required for this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, you need a spanner wrench to replace the wh38x21094. The spanner nut is inside the washer under the agitator. The the agitator and inner basket need to be removed first. We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have tried every spanner wrench possible and it does not fit down on the nut. My tech says that we need an extra deep 1 3/8" socket (not even a deep well socket would work). Any suggestions?