Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

In Aug, I replaced my french door LG refrig's water filter.

Customer Question

In Aug, I replaced my french door LG refrig's water filter. i ordered the filter online and i was sent aTier1 brand which says it fits LG refriges. since then, i periodically notice water under the crisper drawer but more on the left side which is under the filter. I got tired of cleaning it up and removed the filter and put the plug in. after that it leaked one more time but it was a small amount. It has been dry since.Was the problem the filter? I am going to buy an LG brand filter today and try that. Also i forgot to mention , there is no water seen coming down the inside walls of the fefrig. My refrig was purchased in Aug of 2014.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

Hi, odds are the leaking was due to the gasket on the filter you used not sealing properly. LG even states to only use LG Brand water filters. Make sure you twist the filter in properly and you should not have any more problems with the new filter. If you do it could be a bad filter housing. Just make sure to properly install the filter. If you have any leaks let me know and we will go from there. Thanks. Joel.

In the meantime:

please take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). Rating me will not in any way cost you anymore than you have already paid.

We techs only get a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star

rating is chosen. This is the only way I am credited through the site for my time. This will

also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions. TIPS are not

expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

Hi your payment method did not clear so the system will not let me accept the call request. I'm sorry.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You.