Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Amana temp assure model sxd26ve is not freezing, it has

Customer Question

Amana temp assure model sxd26ve is not freezing, it has frost on back lower wall and the refrigerator is warm, water dispenser not working. What needs to be done?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

The defrost thermostat is likely bad and if it is not closing when the evaporator is cool the fan motor will not run. So check the fan motor for power and if there is not any, you can check the defrost thermostat for continuity or by bypass it by connecting the two wires to it together and if the fan runs replace the thermostat.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. Us techs only receive a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star rating is chosen. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find the parts?i don't know where defrost thermostay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is the evaporator an fan?

You need to remove the back panel inside the freezer to get at the defrost thermostat and fan motor. Here is a link to the defrost thermostat.

CLICK HERE