John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE microwave/oven combination model no. JkP90BOM1BB

Customer Question

I have a GE microwave/oven combination model no. JkP90BOM1BB and the oven won't heat. Could you tell me which part is the most common needed to fix the problem. The lights on the control panels work and it is getting power.
Could you also tell me the GE website for finding the parts diagram so I can order the parts.
Thank you!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 1 year ago.

The most common part would be the magnetron ....If you have checked the fuses then most likely you will need to replace the magnetron ..You can usually tell when the magnetron is failing by a low rumbling sound when starting the unit..It is a very dangerious part to replace as a microwave can store a extreme amount of wattage even when not plugged in...CLICK HERE FOR PARTS LIST