Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a frigidair oven/microwave combination appliance

Customer Question

I have a frigidair oven/microwave combination appliance model number FPMC3085KFA. I recently performed the self cleaning cycle. Since then I can not get it to go beyond 195 degrees farenheit. The microwave works fine and the oven turns on and operates. All the functions work except that it will not go pass 190 - 199 degrees. What are the possible problems and what can I try to get it rectified?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Does the broil element come on when set to broil?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hang on. I am checking it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The broil element does not come on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please confirm receipt of my answer above if it was received. I indicated that "the broil element does not come on" in response to your question.

OK if you have no broil you likely popped the thermal fuse, can you pull the unit out to get at the back wall?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can and will if I have to but will need some help. Please let me know what to look for or what to do once I am able to get it pulled out.

You are looking for this, press the red button and it should work again.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. Us techs only receive a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star rating is chosen. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will it require me to open the back of the unit to find it? If so, can you please give an indication as to where I will find it. In other words will I see it just there when I pull out the unit or I will need tools to remove the back panel and if I remove the back panel where should I look for it.

Pull the unit out and remove the back large panel, that part will be mounted to the back upper wall of the oven you will see it there.