Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My bosch shu6800 dishwasher wont drain. i cleaned the drain,

Customer Question

hi my bosch shu6800 dishwasher wont drain. i cleaned the drain, how do i get to the bottom of dishwasher in order to get the rest of the water out. so the automatic shut off vale will release.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Is the drain pump running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no because there is water at the bottom of dishwasher and the automatic shut off valve is on

OK you need to slide the unit out and remove the left side panel to get at the basin. There is no easy way to get at it, but that is about the best way to do it.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. Us techs only receive a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star rating is chosen. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the service guy got it from the front last time, how do i get thru the front

It is really hard to, the front kick panel comes off and there is very little access from the front as the plastic flood basin is all in the way. You could maybe get a small hose over the edge, but if you look at you will see what I mean.