Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My washer quit after filling,I moved washer timer to wash or

Customer Question

My washer quit after filling,I moved washer timer to wash or spin and it doesn't do anything .The washer switch keeps ticking till something trips and cuts power.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you raise and lower the lid, does the lid switch click at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the switch is fine
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Do you hear any noises, like humming or buzzing, from the motor area near the bottom of the machine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hear humming but not at bottom more towards the middle to top
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so the motor cannot turn. On this model, the pump is mounted directly on the motor. If the pump cannot turn, the motor cannot turn. I suspect you probably have something stuck in the pump. The video below will show how the pump is accessed. Can you access the pump and see if you can remove it from the motor (do not remove the hoses from the pump) and turn it manually, please? Let me know what you find.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can manually move pump
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so the issue is with the motor. Remove the white plastic plug from the motor and see if any of the terminals are discolored or look like they may have burnt at all (black color on the plug or the metal dark or rainbowed), paying close attention to the white wire. Are the red wires to the round, black capacitor plugged in and intact?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the wires are fine the washer timer just keeps doing a mournful ticking without anything happening
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

With the cabinet off, put the washer to wash and see if the motor moves at all, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is nothing
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like you will need a tech out. I will place your question back to the list for others to see.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

DO you still need help I am a different tech