Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Thermadore RED 30VRS electric oven. Bake

Customer Question

I have a Thermadore RED 30VRS electric oven. Bake temperature won't go above 150-200 degrees even after hours. We checked continuity of the bake element and it's fine. Even ordered a new one and that didn't work either. Thermostat is probably working, because light says it's on and when I turn down temp below what it's at, the light goes off. Broiler works, convection seems to be working. Is there a part that the bake element hooks to that has gone bad?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The bake element is energized by a relay on the oven control board. That relay has probably failed. The oven control is no longer available so it will need to be sent in for repair.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if you already got this so excuse repeat.
Does the place in TX have already refurbished boards? I would like to search for possible new part replacement. Can I just replace relay? Also can you send pics and part number for relay and board so I can try and find it online? I need this fixed before thanksgiving.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The control is part number 00486752. The link below is to the control picture. As you look at the picture, the two large black parts are the relays. The one on the right is the one you need to replace or have replaced. Unless you are familiar with soldering on PCBs, you may want to have it professionally done because you probably will not find a control to purchase.

CLICK HERE