John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a KLS-60G and the pilot is lit but I can't get the

Customer Question

I have a KLS-60G and the pilot is lit but I can't get the main part to light up. It is plugged in, the power light is on, the water is on the minimum line and the unit is cold. Can you help me please?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  shaithus1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi let me see if I can help... what you need to check to see if one the gas valve is in the "on" position.. not on "pilot"... then if the pilot is lit but your main valve is not coming on... you will need to use a voltmeter and check for voltage at the valve.... if there is voltage.. the valve is bad if there is not voltage to valve.. then your ignition module is most likely bad....

FYI... this unit has an auto ignition system.. when you turn it on.. normally you should hear "clicking" then the pilot lights when the module senses flame it sends voltage to the main part of the gas valve.. the valve has two sides... one pilot, one main gas... both have electric coils to open that portion of the valve... either can fail...

Let me know what you find so I can help further

thanks for using Just Answer...

Phillip.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't have a voltmeter

Expert:  shaithus1 replied 1 year ago.

Ah... well there isnt much diagnosing you can do without one.... you can purchase one at H. Depot or Lowes... perhaps it would be better if you were to contact a repair service company in your town and let them work on this for you...

Thank you for using Just Answer..

Phillip