Alex Herbert
Alex Herbert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Technician
89986336

I have a Magic Chef Model #386XRW that keeps flashing -F-1-

Customer Question

I have a Magic Chef Model #386XRW that keeps flashing -F-1- and beeping at all times. I have to turn the oven to get it to stop.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I will be happy to answer your question. A F1 error is a bad control or membrane. You can unplug the membrane from the control and turn the power back on. If the control no longer has the F1 error the control is bad. If the F1 error returns with the membrane unplugged the control is bad. You can try cleaning the end of the membrane that plugs into the control with a pencil eraser. This sometimes works. I tried to get you part numbers for the control and membrane, but both parts are discontinued. If the control is bad, there are companies that may rebuild the control. FIXYOURBOARD.com is a company I have used. http://www.fixyourboard.com/

ALWAYS DISCONNECT THE POWER FROM YOUR APPLIANCE BEFORE WORKING ON IT.

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. If you have any additional questions about this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. Have a great day.