Alex Herbert
Alex Herbert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Technician
89986336

My washing machine model mvwc200xw is having a lid lock

Customer Question

My washing machine model mvwc200xw is having a lid lock problem. It just flashes its red light and sometimes it doesn't even lock. I have had some luck with unplugging the machine, but it doesn't always work. It won't wash while the red light is blinking. What can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I will be happy to answer your question. Does the washer lock then run a few seconds then unlock and then the lid lock light flashes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Alex,
It runs normally for awhile, then while in spin, for instance, both the spin light and lid lock light flash. I have unplugged it and that worked a couple of times, but now the lid lock light is flashing and locked. Can this be fixed or am I going to have to buy a new washer?

Check to make sure the transmission pulley nut is tight. If it is loose you will need to put blue lock tight on the nut. If the nut it tight you will most likely need a new actuator part number W10006355. We need to check error codes to be sure. Here's how to check for error codes. Make sure the washer is in standby mode. Turn the knob Left-Right-Right-Right-Left-Right if successful all LEDs will light up. Turn the cycle knob until only done is lit up. Press start. Certain lights will flash then a pause and another light will flash. Write down which lights flash. Turn the knob clockwise 1 click to see the next error code. There should be 4 error codes stored. The service manual for this is located on the front of the machine next to the tub. You will need to access it from underneath or by lifting the top.

Here is a video link to tell you how to change the actuator. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVjTY-Hj4jw

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. If you have any additional questions about this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. Have a great day.