MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Ok Ge Profile refrig is not staying cold. Cleaned out

Customer Question

Ok I am Jim My Ge Profile refrig is not staying cold. Cleaned out condenser fan and coils underneath. Frost forming on back wall of freezer. Is that a bad evaporator fan or should I just junk this 15 year old frig :)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

Assuming that the whole coil is icing up then this is not defrosting, so that is a cheap issue to fix. You should hear the fan running-it's bad if it's not. The most probable problem is an open defrost heater and you can easily check it for continuity with a meter. The heater is easily replaced as well as anything else that may be keeping this from defrosting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a meter which I do not have and other stuff. Will probably just call the GE repairman. Thanks
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

OK. It should not be an expensive repair. If you want this to work properly for now just fully defrost the coil and you should be good for about 4 days until it needs to be done again.