John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a whirlpool duet WFW9150WW2. With most loads of any

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool duet WFW9150WW2. With most loads of any substance, it won't drain properly and starts beeping. I checked the drain, it had a lot of debris, so I cleaned it. I thought maybe the drain pump was bad. However, I ran an empty "small load" cycle and it drained fine. I then did an "affresh clean" cycle and the water didn't drain, so it seems that the problem is based on how much weight is in the tub. Could this be a belt or pulley problem as opposed to a pump problem? Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

The washer has no idea what is in the tub only if the load is out of balance or not .

and that will not effect the drain mode.

After you used the affresh did you clean out the pump again ?

If not do so please!

And you say the unit is beeping at you when it is beeping what is it showing in the time display?

And no the drive belt nor pulley have anything to do with a drain mode.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is draining fine now, with a light load. Mine doesn't have time display. How can I tell if the belt or pulley needs to be replaced, as the unit doesn't seem to want to go in spin mode with a normal size load, say a set of king size sheets?

Are you only washing the king sized sheets in the load?

The belt if bad the inner drum will not move at all , and if the belt has never fallen off the pulley then you do not need to replace the pulley.

Once you clean the unit you have knocked all the mineral and detergent deposits off the inside the inner basket and outer basket ,you can clog the button /filter with this debis.

As for the display could your model number actually be WFW9150WW02?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The spin cycle seems to be the problem. The clothes just don't spin dry enough. the water out of the basket is empty, however the sheets are still very wet....too wet to put into the dryer. There was no beeping this time, and the cycle finished, just the problem stated in previous sentence. Which button/filter are you referring to?

The filter/ button catch drain in the bottom of the unit !

You said you checked the drain ( how did you check the drain) ??

Di you you remove the front lower panel to get th the drain?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I removed the bottom panel, took the cap for the drain off and cleaned everything. Since then the water does drain out, just the spin cycle doesn't spin enough of the water out of items

ok when it is in the spin mode does the unit even try to spin?

this unit is smart enough to know if the load is out of balance it will not go into a full speed spin it will tumble back and forth trying to level the wash load out and then go into a spin cycle ,if it can balance the load if not it just tumbles back and forth till times counts down .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it tries. Then sometimes I can turn it off, put the unit in the rinse/spin cycle and then it will spin them dry properly. Sometimes it takes a couple.of attempts. It doesn't seem to matter if its a full load or a medium load, so what would be causing it to go out of balance and how can I fix that?

The load being washed needs to be like items, meaning the items need to weight approx the same when wet .

And will the unit do this with out clothing at all in it!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When there are no clothes in it all the unit drains fine and there is no water left in the basket. I washed one item, a baby blanket, lightweight and not big, same problem, sopping wet

ok so you have to tell me is it a draining issue or is it an issue of the unit not spinning?

Your my eyes!

And one item will or 95% of the time spin out of balance in a high speed spin mode.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did spin the item and I didn't get the beeping. It just didn't spin it dry enough. Do you think maybe the pump just needs to be replaced? That it is damaged and not functioning at full capacity? The drain was was REALLY clogged with coins, lint, etc. Before I cleaned it, so maybe some debris got in and damaged the pump although it is still partially functioning?

° "Hello, I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do.
I`m an expert that works from my own appliance repair business in a remote location and not in a Just Answer office.
I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here directly on your question page.

Yes if the drain was full of coins and other treasures then it could have damaged the pump impellers .do you need the pump part number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last load worked fine....im so confused. By the way....the machine shakes kind of a lot during spin. How can I tell if shocks are bad?

The shocks do not go bad.

They may have come loose from the base.

But they are not like oil filled shocks on a car they are just two tubes that slide into one another .

Is the inner workings banging against the metal cabinet .

and when the washer is in a spin cycle set a glass of water in front of the unit about 10-11 inches away does the water vibrate ?

to check the shocks just remove the front lower panel and look up under the tub to see if the shocks have come loose from the washer base

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if they're not loose, no prob?

if the shocks are not loose from the base then the issue will not be the shocks .

Did you do the water glass on the floor test that I spoke of in my last post to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the shocks are fine. But back to my original problem with the 3rd load & 4th load, the problem I was having before I unclogged the drain pump line. I have in there 3 medium weight towels, two hand towels, and a very lightweight towel. After the wash cycle the washer stops, starts beeping...two quick beeps beeps..pause...two quick beeps pause...etc. I then turn off the washer, set the dial to the "rinse/drain & spin" cycle. The load rinses and spins just fine and finishes the load. The load previous to the towels, was 2 very lightweight twin sheets, pillowcase, and two lightweight baby blankets, and I had to do the same thing to finish the load. What the heck is up with that?

When the washer is beeping do you have the wash light blinking?

For non display models, the WASH LED will flash and the error code number is ***** by the number of times the LED flashes.

The first set of flashes represents the “F” and the second set of flashes represents the “E”.

There is a pause of 2 seconds between the flashes for “F” and “E”. The error code sequence will repeat after a pause of 5 second

Do you have the wash light blinking at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the wash light blinks.

ok your going to need to count the blinks the first set id the F code after the pause the second set of blinks is the E code .

Count the blinks and let me know what you get please.