Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an LG LFX26977SW Frig ice maker and water threw door

Customer Question

I have an LG LFX26977SW Frig ice maker and water threw door doesn't work. The ice maker dose not light up for ice size it did in the past when the door was open so you could select ice size. but mow it and water threw the door don't work .I have checked there is power to ice maker .
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The two most common causes of this issue are main control failure and a problem with the wiring to the door at the door hinge. Unplug the refrigerator and check all connections at the door harness. Leave it unplugged for at least 15 minutes. Any change when plugged back in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I unplugged for about 20 minutes ,unplugged both door switches and continuity both were OK,I find it interesting that the ice maker doesn't light up for ice size but has power coming in . I can remember in the past I could make changes to ice size with door open.What ever happened it was all at once Ice-maker and water threw door Quit at same time.When you push for ice the hopper door opens that is all. Are these systems controlled by relays on main board??
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

They are, the main control board will likely need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ordered a new main board ,replaced no change no water threw door and ice maker still doesn't light up to change ice size . can you tell me if ice maker is defective will it prevent water threw door from working ? The 3 harness on top of door are red ,red-white,orange and white-black small wires. The other harness is larger wires they come in BL ,RD,YELLOW,AND BR on the the other side of the harness coming form the door BL, turns to WH the rest are the same.I noted that when the cover is removed for the access to the harness the circulation fan inside stops the door switch is ok I have 12v across RD and RW in the harness that goes to the door controls.Any ideas !