Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpoolfront load washer .it will not complete a

Customer Question

i have a whirlpoolfront load washer .it will not complete a cycle and i get a f-6 signel and then a breaker goes off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

F06 means that your motor control board isn't reading the tachometer on your motor correctly when it tries to turn the motor. You'll need to remove the lower front panel and make sure all the wire connections are secure to the motor control board (MCU) and if everything looks good, the MCU will need to be ordered and replaced. The MCU generally costs about $150 for the part, but it only takes about 20 minutes to replace so if you wanted to just replace it yourself and save the other $300.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.