Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My side by side Kenmore refrigerator needed a new filter and

Customer Question

My side by side Kenmore refrigerator needed a new filter and it has been purchased and added. However, no water will appear through the tube to give water on the door fixture. I tested the water line on the door before putting in the filter and it gave water, but it won't now that the new filter is in.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Try to put the old water filter back in and see if water flows through the filter. If so, then return the filter because it came faulty. If not, then the filter receptacle has failed and it's not switching the diverter valve inside back to open to allow water to flow through after removing the old filter so the filter receptacle would need to be replaced. It happens on rare occasion when replacing the filter unfortunately.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.