Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Whirlpool wfw8300sw01 washer that won't turn on.

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Whirlpool wfw8300sw01 washer that won't turn on. There are no signs of life...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in repsonses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Can you check if there is power to the CCU? If so the CCU board is likely defective if nothing lights up at all on the display. That was a common issue on that unit.

CLICK HERE FOR PART

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have access to and can see the CCU. Any idea which area to test and what settings to choose on my volt/ohm meter? I grew up w/ vehicles not house electricity. Thnx.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually can hear it clicking when I plug the washer in. Wouldn't that indicate it's getting power?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Repair clinic suggests it's this: http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b5p11/Whirlpool-Washing-Machine-User-Control-And-Display-Board/8571903/1180620?modelNumber=WFW8300SW01&fromRepairHelp=True
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well...now it seems to be working all of a sudden... ?

You may have a bad connection from the interface board to the CCU. That can happen as well.