Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher, wdf730patm6, the element will

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Whirlpool dishwasher, wdf730patm6, the element will not get hot to heat water or dry dishes. I replaced the element and thermostat with new parts. Would you have any suggestions as to what else would cause this issue? Also, is there any way to skip the wash cycle and go to the dry cycle on this unit?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the heater and thermostat has been replaced and you still have no heat, there is a fuse on the control that has likely opened. Unfortunately, the fuse is not replaceable and requires replacing the control.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

See the link below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way I can test this without a voltage meter? I wanted to skip to a dry cycle but I cannot seem to figure out how to do that. That would give me a clear check point.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You can select air dry, but it will still need to heat during the wash cycle. You will need a meter to test the fuses, testing for continuity between the points marked on that picture.