Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Washer overflows during rinse cycle

Customer Question

Washer overflows during rinse cycle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The washer overflowing can only happen from 2 things, either the electronic water valve is stuck open, or the pressure switch isn't working properly (it has a different setting for rinse cycle which it defaults to). If you can shut the washer off and the water stops flowing, then your water valve is not sticking open and you need to replace the pressure switch if you blow through the hose and it's clear and doesn't have a hole in it. Below is a link to the pressure switch you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for pressure switch

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.