Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My wolf wall oven will no longer reach set temperature

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most likely to be causing your oven issues is a faulty bake element. During preheat, the top element will cycle to bring the temperature up quickly. If the lower element is not working, however, it will still heat but will not maintain a temperature or get to a proper temperature because the sensor will detect the heat from the broil element (because of its close proximity) and cycle the preheat off, trying to maintain temperature with the lower bake element. Do you have a meter to test the bake element with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a multi meter. What do I test ? Where is and how do I get to lower element?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Does your model look like the one at the link below?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
30" model . The broiler is not working either. Where is oven element?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Your model uses only the broil element (top) and the two convection elements. Was the oven recently self cleaned?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was , and has not worked since.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

At the link below, number 23, mounted on the back of the oven, is a thermal fuse. That fuse has opened. It may be resettable by pushing the red reset button in the middle of the thermostat. If it is not resettable, you will need to replace it.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to remove oven from wall to do this?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you will need to access the back of the oven.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks , I'll have to tackle that in the AM. I'll get back to you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You bet, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pulled oven out . Temp switch not tripped. I tried testing relays on relay board on all seam to have power ,but one of oven relays has power intermittently. Lots of clicking noise from board. ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That would likely be a faulty relay, probably controlling the L2 line. That board will need to be replaced.