Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Tyler, I was the client with the model SHE4AP05UC/06

Customer Question

Tyler, I was the client with the model SHE4AP05UC/06 dishwasher with the intermittent cycle problem. I have been getting the dishwasher in to cycle by turning the power off then holding the 2 arrow keys down as I turn the power on, then pushing the 2 arrow keys down. After doing that for 3 months, I decided to replace the pump as you suggested. It did not make any difference. Exact same symptoms. Any other suggestions. Jim R.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not really sure where to say to go from here based on what you've done so I'll opt out.

Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

after getting the washer to start the cycle as mentioned in your description does the washer complete the cycle properly with no error codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This model dishwasher does not have a digital display to provide error codes. It just has red panel lights.

ok other than the normal lights during normal operation do any of them flash or stay lit , this would be error code

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Were you able to read the entire history of my contact with Tyler?

I just read were you have replaced the pump and main control board

and how you are starting the cycle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After many hours of frustration, I tried to experiment to find the diagnostic mode that most appliances have. I found that if I Hold both arrow keys down while I push and release the power button the "Power Scrub" cycle light comes on. Then I push both arrow keys again at the same time and the unit starts the cycle. At the end of the cycle, the "clean" light is illuminated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For your reference, the entire conversation from the steps I have take is listed in detail on you site from my previous contact with Typler Z. 3 months ago.

ok what was the initial reason you began using that method to start the cycle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have Bosch model SHE4AP05UC/06 Dishwasher that has an intermittent starting problem. When you press the start button, in Normal Wash Cycle, the active light comes on for several seconds, then it goes to clean without completing the cycle.
This was the description of the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife to try to restart the dishwasher normally 4 or 5 times before she would get it to work. When It first started, I replaced the circuit board. That made no difference. That was when I contacted Tyler in August. He explained the drain system and we troubleshot until he recommended replacing the pump. During that diagnostic process, I found the sequence to get the dishwasher to cycle. Then I decided to replace the pump so the dishwasher would operate normally. You are my final attempt to try to find a solution before I take the dishwasher to the lake for a "float" test.

Yes it can be very frustrating... so when it runs in this cycle is the heater working? does the machine fill up with water properly? Does it run a long long time? does it complete the cycle and dishes are clean and inside dishwasher is steamy hot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I run with the "test" cycle, the heater works, the cycle completes and dishwasher is steamy hot. The only thing we notice is the dishes seem to have a film on them.

Here is what I think, I think your problem is:

the turbidity sensor may be dirty or faulty. It "sees" any particles in the water and sends a message to the control to either continue washing or advance the cycle. If you live in an area of hard water, mineral deposits can cause this issue. Pour about 1/2 gallon of white distilled vinegar in the bottom of the dishwasher and leave it sit overnight. Then, start and run a cycle and see if the condition improves. If not, I would replace that sensor. If you notice an improvement after the treatment but still have problems , repeat the process and it may get better and better, if not replace the sensor this is def the problem.

Turbidity Sensor

I have linked you to the part at repair clinic in case you have to replace it.

please take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). Rating me will not in any way cost you anymore than you have already paid.

We techs only get a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star

rating is chosen. This is the only way I am credited through the site for my time. This will

also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions. TIPS are not

expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.