Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Panasonic microwave ( 3 years old) developed rust on the

Customer Question

My Panasonic microwave ( 3 years old) developed rust on the bottom and paint bubbling. I removed the rust with CLR and sanded the bottom. Then the turntable stopped turning and seems to be stuck. I am not sure if it is a motor or the bushing. How many projections does a bushing have and how does one remove it. Where can I take it for evaluation?
Thank you
Bobbi
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in repsonses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Bobbi, the turntable motor could have been damaged when you used the CLR. The issue is most places do not work on them since the repair will often exceed the replacement value. Here is the service manual for it to show you how to get at and replace the turn table motor. You are better of trying to fix this yourself.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks