Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Hej I have search your forum without finding an explanation

Customer Question

Hej
I have search your forum without finding an explanation to the error I think I have on my Miele G 606 SC Plus.
The drain pump works and pumps for approx 30 sec. After that the machine stops and I get the inlet/drain error code. first I thought it was the Aquastop, but I tested that separately and its fine. I think I have deciphered the error code 1x long followed by 4x short to mean: "Water intake fault: Pump pressure level switch"
Sounds reasonable, but how to fix...?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in repsonses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Typically this is a stuck motor issue does the main motor come on and run at all? If not watch this video and see if that corrects the issue.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the motor doesent come on at all, but it worked just fine yesterday. And I don't think it should start before there's water in the machine... For some reason there is no signal to the aquastop that lets water into the machine.

The water inlet system is protected by the WaterProof System (WPS), which uses an outer sleeve to protect the water inlet hose and valves. If a valve or the hose should leak, the leaking water will flow along the outer sleeve to the drip pan in the bottom of the appliance. When a certain amount of water collects in the drip pan, the float switch is actuated. With the float switch actuated, power that is normally distributed throughout the appliance is re-directed to the drain pump. The drain pump will continuously operate when the appliance is turned on and the door is closed. Normal operation and program selection are not possible during this time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no leakage!
The drain pump works and pumps for approx 30 sec as it always does at start-up. After that the machine stops and I get the inlet/drain error code. first I thought it was the Aquastop, but I tested that separately and its fine. I think I have deciphered the error code 1x long followed by 4x short to mean: "Water intake fault: Pump pressure level switch"

Can you get to the pressure switch to check it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you serious?
Have I payed to get that kind of answer? Don't claim to be an expert if you aren't!
I'll do all I can to get my money back, this site is a joke.

I am not sure what you mean by your comments, you seem to have something stuck in your mind as to the issue, but you are not a tech but will not believe what I am saying either. This is what I call a no win, when customers come to the site that do not know the machine and totally disagree with everything thinking they know more I will opt out. I work on these for a living have all the service manuals for you machine, but according to you...you know more and choose to insult me. Take care and my advice is call a tech out.