Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My oven does not turn on on my R486G wolf range.The igniter

Customer Question

My oven does not turn on on my R486G wolf range.The igniter gets red but the gas ramp does not lit.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The igniter is likely weak and unable to open the valve. Even thought it may glow red, it is likely not drawing enough current. It needs to draw at least 3.2 amps to open the gas valve. You can test it for current draw using a clamp on ammeter, if you have one. If not, it would be prudent to just replace the igniter, available below.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!