Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Hot Point electric oven (R F725GOP3BG) no longer heats to

Customer Question

Hot Point electric oven (R F725GOP3BG) no longer heats to the set temperature. If set at 450 F it only reaches about 200 F! So far, I have replaced the bake heating element and the temperature sensor with NO improvement. All other functions are normal.
It therefore seems to me now that the heating element is not receiving a high enough voltage. Is this a possibility, can the voltage be adjusted?
Thank you very much for your consideration.
John Wagner
Lebanon, KY
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

If you have replaced the sensor and the element and its getting 200 degrees then odds are the voltage is being dropped by a control board, let me have a look at your model give me a minute.

If they oven is simply staying on and not cutting off, and never reaching temperature and you have already replaced the bake element and the sensor , so we know those are good the only thing left that can cause that is

Part # ***** this is a link to the part at repair clinic but does not seem to be available the only other solution may to be is to send it in to one the repair services that rebuild the board for you. Here is a link to ebay where companies offer that service

EBAY

please take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). Rating me will not in any way cost you anymore than you have already paid.

We techs only get a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star

rating is chosen. This is the only way I am credited through the site for my time. This will

also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions. TIPS are not

expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.