Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My fan and oven light are blinking on and off every three

Customer Question

my fan and oven light are blinking on and off every three seconds. help!its a jean air down draft dual fuel
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly. If another tech tries to post to you please only deal with me as this confuses the issue and further I receive no credit then for assisting....just kindly ask the other tech to leave and deal directly with me thanks!

DO you have the complete model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SVD48600W
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you get that?

Yes I am just checking it out

IN the clock these are blinking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the fan that is in between the stove burners is turning on and off
the lights in the clock are blinking

Yes so the clock display is flashing correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the fan is turning on and off

Yes you need a new clock control to fix that issue, it was a very common failure that causes that to flash and turn on and off like that. Here is a link to the part for you to order.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. Us techs only receive a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star rating is chosen. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks