Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Frigidaire electric range model number FPEF3081KFB is

Customer Question

My Frigidaire electric range model number FPEF3081KFB is having a few problems. After replacing two of the elements, it worked fine. In the month or so since replacing them, they've stopped working. The elements don't turn on when I press their corresponding
buttons on the touchpad. I believe there's something wrong with either the touchpad (OEM #316546104) or the control panel (OEM #5304478041). Both are fairly expensive. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'd hate to order one part and find out it's the other
one that's bad. Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

When you press the touchpad buttons, do they beep or do the buttons respond at all? Or does it just act like you aren't pushing any buttons at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The buttons for both left side burners and just recently the front right burner, act like they aren't being pushed. The claim clock button works along with the keypad.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK then the problem is your touch control panel, not the control board. The part number is###-##-####however, I think you made a typo with the 6104

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. The the cheaper of the two parts.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I suppose that the best of a bad situation. Sorry about the bad news either way.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?