Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a samsung front loader dryer - Model #DV419AGU/XAA We

Customer Question

I have a samsung front loader dryer - Model #DV419AGU/XAA We put a new belt on it and now when you start it the drum won't turn unless you grab the belt and pull it in the right direction. Then it runs fine and also stops fine. Sometimes it will start just fine on its own but not all the time
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in repsonses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

IS the belt slipping?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it does pop off if you pull on it to hard, but when its in motion it's fine

So if you watch it start does it slip? If not the motor is bad, if it is stalling and you are just helping it start.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks