Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Maytag Bravos MTW6600T Top Load Washer does not complete

Customer Question

Maytag Bravos MTW6600T Top Load Washer does not complete wash cycle; timer display jumps from about "40" to "4" minutes remaining.
Therefore, the machine does not drain or spin unless I turn it off, select spin cycle and restart. Clothes come out not well cleaned. It seems to me to be a timer issue. I see there are two electronic control boards -- one for the interface where the timer readout is, and one that controls the motor, water intakes, etc.
This machine is only about 4 years old and makes sense to try to fix rather than replace. A refurbished interface board (p/n W10052092) is available for $68; a motor control board (p/n W10189966) for $178. Which is the one I need to replace? In other words, is the seemingly bad timer/clock in the interface board or the motor control board?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it is the motor control board I have to replace, I also need tips on how to unplug the old one and replace it with the new one.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in repsonses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

The motor control board is the one you need to fix that issue W10189966

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Appliance Guru,
Your reply was accurate (based on my own completed online research), but too brief to be worth a good rating and full payment. I also was looking for (a) some discussion on why this is the correct board to replace, (b) your recommendation, based on your experience with this brand and model, as to whether I should replace the board vs buy a new washer, (c) where to buy it the cheapest, (d) tips on installing the new one, etc. That is the type of educative response I would think is worth $35. Hope this helps.

I think the bot***** *****ne is you got the right answer it is fixed I am assuming by your 2 day later response and you saved a bunch of money not calling a tech nor paying me anything, I hope this helps as you would have been quick to give me a negative rating without issue if it did not fix it though...I do know that much for sure... Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
Actually, I just replaced the motor control board (which I ordered from Parts Simple and expedited with overnight delivery). This did not fix the problem. The washing machine behaves exactly as before -- skips from 38 to 4 minutes remaining, skips over the rinse cycle completely, then does not spin, yield the ol code. So, the problem is evidently deeper -- and I am buying a replacement machine.

Hey I just wanted to post back to you, you would not have posted back to me that I was accurate before trying it, then to come back after my post with that...I mean really? Take care and really I wish you the best you will need it