John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a 2 door side by side refrigerator I brought back

Customer Question

I have a 2 door side by side refrigerator I brought back from Korea last year. It was working fine with the aid of step-up transformer until last Monday. I cleaned the inside and outside of the refrigerator Monday night and I probably touch the button settings located outside the door of the freezer. Now the ref is not cooling and meat inside the freezer defrosted, ice cream melet, etc. The ref side is also not cooling. The stings outside the door is all in Korean characters and I cannot read or speak Korean. Is there a Korean technician in my area that can help re-set the settings. My name and address is:
Fernando Lopez , 9550 Juanita Streeet Apt 115, Cypress, CA 90630
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in repsonses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Do you see the small panel behind the unit on the back? If so can you remove it to get at the control board?