Kcrand36
Kcrand36, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Advantage Repair
90277609

We bought a whirlpool dryer 14 months ago and has worked

Customer Question

We bought a whirlpool dryer 14 months ago and has worked fine until Sunday when there was a loud bang and fire shot from the dryer and washer. The breaker went off and the dryer was "welded" to the washing machine. I did not buy an extended warranty. What can we do now>
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jim, I am Kevin. I'm going to take a look and see if there is something I might be able to help you with. I have a question though, was it the breaker for the dryer or the washer or both breakers that tripped?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No only the dryer. The washer continues to work well and that breaker did not trip. In fact the washer was working at the time of the incident. Should I send the photo to whirlpool?
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 1 year ago.

That might be an option, especially in the position your in right now without a dryer and warranty. It may help, but it may not as well. Could I see the picture as well as the picture of your model #. That model you listed will not come up on my search's.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would rather not pay for a phone call in the likely addition of $500. for a new dryer. To what number can I send the photos.
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to just post my number here, but if you can find a way to paste it to your message, I believe there is an attachment bar that you can attach a picture.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure I can do it but will try, I'm in my 80's so am a novice with tech between computer and cell phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can't do. it I sent photos to my cloud but can retrieve them. Should I just try to deal directly with whirlpool?
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 1 year ago.

I hope you can get somewhere with them. It sounds to me like something inside shorted, (the heat element) possibly. I wish you good luck, sorry I could not help you out. If there is something you find later and wish to contact me, feel free to do so. I do not believe there is any charge for that. Have a good day Jim.

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 1 year ago.

Your Welcom Phil. Thank you for using Just Answer.