Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

This speed queen ADE30RGS171TW01. 220v dryer is not heat.

Customer Question

This speed queen ADE30RGS171TW01. 220v dryer is not heat. Hight limit fuse is good ..
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Have you checked the heater for continuity?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It,s good ...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In fact I traced good 115 volts from ground to orange wire from the board through the temp selector through the cycling thermostat and the heater .. all good to the black going to ...?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like the black from the heater goes directly to the motor harness
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it .... withdrawal the question ... I can't believe you bailed on me
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The black wire does indeed come from the motor. Once the motor starts, the centrifugal switch sends power to the element via the black wire. That way, if the motor is not running, the element cannot heat. The element gets one side of the 240 VAC from the timer and other from the motor.